Thursday, January 22, 2009

Day 2of 3, Man i had the Coolest Weekend

Good afternoon re: Man I had the Coolest weekend What’s The short of it..
Part TWO- in my series of 3 totally cool days
Saturday Morning I went to a co-write with Steve”old dog”, a Songramper/Songwriter from Ohio and MAB
I was Xtreemly Stoked all week, looking forward to co-writing with both of these guys , that event alone was to have been my highlite for the whole week Possibly the month.., and I couldn’t think of a better way to kickstart my Songwriting year with a Co-write with the both of them.
We had planned on getting together, for only 1 co-write(Song) and had about a 2 hour block nailed down,. if anyone knows MAB’s songwriting style.he is extremely fast, he can listen to a few ideas being tossed around, once we settle on a something , the other co-writers can keep talking about direction of the song feel and tempo and any particulars, but MAB in his mode, his element, Does that Spock MindMeld thingy, and is so fast he will already have fleshed out the 1st verse and chorus. On his laptop, and his mind literally sucks in everything we are talking about, the subject or the phrases we use, and even the off topic conversation , and he filters that and adds any specific lines or rhymes he needs in a flash, and yet he still can maintain a conversation with us.. He then runs what he has, so far by us, We talk about that a little, and see if we agree were on the same page, if that works for all of us its time to get on the 2nd verse. man, the second verse seem to flow out of him as fast as the blood flows in his veins, and a few mere moments of hearing us Jabbering back and forth , and a few interjections from him he says what about this. DANG, if he didn’t nail Steve's hook & concept idea..totaly to the wall, and with a sliver of feedback from us he tweaked it slightly..then MAB Played a once thru worktape into his PC after a quick listen back and, . With Jaw hanging Nods From Steve and me, that was a Wrap and such a pretty bow it was. MAB then emailed the Lyric and MP3 directly to our home emails.& said with a big smirk ...... NEXT LOL

I could believe my ears and Luck when MAB seriously, said to Steve and I,,, you know lets write another one. I’m in the mode we are here in the flow, I am gonna cancel out my lunch date with some friends, by the way note to self, someday- if-n I meet those folks he canceled lunch with, I have go to tell them a big thanks, because I believe, we Wrote another really cool song that afternoon,.So For me that was an Awsome day ..Meeting up with these two cool People, hanging with Steve and MAB, talking about ourselves, Music, writing songs, yes some of us have partners or spouses in our lives & that;s Important too, all in all I don’t think it gets any better than that.
I’d like to thank Steve and MAB for the wonderful Co-writing experience.

stay tuned ,for Part Three of 3 About Sundays@ Doaks Songwriter 3rd Sunday of the month

Norman

No comments:

Post a Comment